Many businesses have old inefficient fluorescent fittings, halogen lamps, PAR 38 flood lights and mercury vapour, sodium vapour and/or metal halide high bay and flood light fittings. These are notorious power guzzlers, not to mention a maintenance nightmare! There are many long lasting, energy efficient Light Emitting Diodes (LED) fittings at prices that are a fraction of what they were just a couple of years ago. Induction high bay fittings are also increasing in popularity in commercial premises.
The benefits of LED lighting are many! Some of the most notable reasons to change are:
- Long life – LEDs in particular have an outstanding operational life expectancy. Up to 100 000 hours for some fittings.
- Greatly reduced operating costs – LEDs and other energy efficient lighting can yield savings of up to 82% * depending upon the application.
- Durable quality for tough environments.
- Greatly reduced maintenance costs, which is particularly important where the fittings are mounted at heights that require scissor lifts or cherry pickers to reach.
- Ability to operate in extremely hot or cold environments, such as cold rooms.
- Instant lighting (no ‘strike’ time). No waiting for lights to warm up, as with traditional mercury vapour, sodium vapour and metal halide fittings.
* NSW Govt Energy Saver energy efficient lighting technology report
The first step to any lighting upgrade is to assess the current lighting. Call now to arrange a no-obligation consultation to discuss improving the lighting in your business.